Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memories of a leaf!

(Picture by Krishna Kumar of Digital Strokes)
(www.kichukrish.blogspot.com)
As I fell to the ground for the first time
And waited for the wind to drift me away
To a different world, so strange, so new
Does this happen to all or to a special few?
I think to myself – was my life worth the while?
When I was green, and close to my mother,
There was family, roots and sister and brother!
Life was fun- I swayed in the wind, bathed in the rain,
Laughed with my friends, cried together in pain!
Am afraid of the future, afraid of the land I will go
Will I get love, will I be cared for, like before?
Will I get back my colour? Or will it be a new start,
Why is it that from home I have to part?
As I wait, I listen to the silence around,
Is someone crying; since I am not to be found?
Did I do enough, did I leave a mark behind?
Did I wipe a tear and was I always kind?
My vision blurs as I wait for my final call,
I see myself, against the blue sky, standing tall
A new journey, home away from home
Feelings of fear and happiness, together they come!
With arms open wide and a twinkle in the eye
With hopes for tomorrow I bid goodbye!

3 comments:

krishnakumar said...

I can feel the pain inside my bones
the strange feeling that has gripped me...
wat was the feeling when i came to this world..
but i dont remember...
now I can understand.. the feeling is pain..
am I flying..
My bones dont ache anymore..
In that final moment i tried to rewind
A river of flashes ran through my mind...
never ending was those images...
mother father children friends cousins... my lost loves..
all came rushing..
pushing my lips to a wide smile...
I feel it now in my viens..
the Premonition of my final hour
as i fly away to the limitless sky
I look down and see my frame lying on the ground..
I have gone pale..
There is no image for me anymore
there is no world for me
there is no pain, no anger, no lust
Iam dissolved..
dissolved in the thick clouds and vibrant sun...
Iam nature... Iam part of it.

Anonymous said...

Can I hug you for this one please?

Minmini said...

As always...AWESOME
Have no words to describe,how I feel after reading this one...