Friday, February 29, 2008

My Prayer!

Leafless I stand, through summer and the rains
Watching the world go by, life still running in my veins
There was a time my friends were around
Green was my Valley, so sweet was the sound!
I watched each tree being cut, I am sure it hurts
But who cares for the bruises and cuts!
They are clearing the land for reasons unknown
They will reap the fruits of what they have sown!
A day will come, when we are not there,
The dust rules and mountain tops bare!
Barren will be the land, the river will run dry
No rain clouds form in the bright blue sky!
Children will cry, mothers will fret
Look around O Man! while you move at the speed of jet!
You are so powerful, you can save us all
The flower, the stream, the trees and your child, above all!
Protest against each tree that is cut!
You can plant a tree, make green the rut!
Stop this before it’s too late,
Then don’t say, “It was our fate!”

2 comments:

Minmini said...

This poem actually reminds that how the human being are destroying the so beatiful nature for its own selfish and never-ending needs.The beautiful nature which is a life support in many ways...
If the life support is gone will the life be there??

SAVE THE NATURE!!!

Anonymous said...

Now this one has touched a raw nerve! It really is a pity how we behave like the idiot woodcutter who cuts the very branch of the tree he is sitting on..