Saturday, August 14, 2010

Voice of the Hibiscus

( A Hibicus flower from my pot garden-stages of bloom)
It was only this morning, when I woke up,I heard her voice – came close to me with her tea cup
“Ah! Ma another beauty to bloom today!”
Her eyes bright, excitement in her voice, Yellow!, My color, has always been her choice.
‘Click’ went her camera, she caught me permanently in,
Its early hours, chirping of the birds, the morning air so thin.
“ Don’t pluck this flower!” came the stern instruction from her,
She turned to look at me, a smile, only for me , as soft as fur!
‘Bloom dear one, I love you so, Lets have each day brighter than before.’
Then the birds came in and the Sun rose in the bright blue sky,
I stretched a little more –peering to see the world, raising myself to a greater high!.
Must have been an hour or two, she was back, oh how I love her too!
I wish she could hear me say “Good morn, my life Is short- only a day; that begins with the dawn”
I saw her eyes; bright with the smile, ‘Click’ went the camera for a second time!
“Will I see this flower in full bloom?” – I could read her mind;
She didn’t want to leave me ,for a whole day,behind.
I have another hour before for work she leaves,
I’ll be gone when she returns, my life is so brief!
I saw her sad eyes at this very thought,
She loves us all – in her small garden, her mother has taught!
Just as I pushed myself and bloomed to my fullest best,
In the dinning hall, the clatter of plates & spoons were put to rest.
“Ma! look at the bloom", I heard her shout, all so proud like a little boy scout!
‘Click’ went her camera , I swayed in happiness & glee, At last I’m done and now am free!
The whole day I shall spend looking up at the sun,
Listening to the birds, Watch them have all the fun!
My friend will be back, as the day closes & the evening draws its curtain
‘Come back again,O beautiful Hibiscus’ she will say , I’m so certain
With a heavy heart as we bid goodbye, I said -'This my friend, is the cylce of life – Please don’t cry!'

No comments: